Many people, perhaps including you, spend most of the time stand on their feet, in their shoes. Thus, it is a really wise action to invest money in the best shoes for standing all day instead of the coolest shoes on TV commercials. The problem is we often overlook the health of our feet and care much about fashion. No wonder, more and more people are suffering from frequent, mild pain in their knee, lower back, hip and neck which is the symptoms of foot problems. In a severe case, the problems in the lowest part of your body can get you a headache too! So, let’s focus more on how your feet will feel than how they will look in your shoes.
Even choosing comfortable shoes is already so intricate. Our feet are unique and highly individual. You can find your petite, large, wide, high, narrow, flat, or deformed. So, knowing the size of your shoes just gives you a little luck to have a fine pair of shoes that are comfortable in use. That is why many people of the same shoe size may have different opinions about the comfort of the same shoe of the same size.
So, put aside the fashion consideration for a while and find as much information as possible to give you a basic insight into “the best shoes”.
Best Shoes for Standing All Day Top Criteria
To help you find the best shoes according to your personal comfort and preference, this goldmine of information about 10 criteria of the best shoes for standing all day will ease your way to shopping the best shoes possible.
- The Uppers: Good standing shoes must have lightweight, breathable uppers that can shed water and tolerate rains or snow.
- The Tongue: Good standing shoes must have a soft, padded tongue that is good to reduce the pressure from knots or laces.
- The Laces: Good standing shoes must have laces that allow individual adjustment depending on your personal preferences.
- The Heel Cap/ Heel Support: Good standing shoes must have a soft, stable heel cap that is good to prevent horizontal and vertical heel movement.
- The Inner Sole: Good standing shoes must have a removable, non-skid inner sole that is good to strengthen the shoe’s grip on your foot.
- The Arch Support: Good standing shoes must have arch support that can be exchanged or altered for various individual needs.
- The Space for Toes: Good standing shoes must provide some empty space for your toes to move and breath as wide as ½ inch in each direction.
- The Outer Sole: Good standing shoes must have a non-skid pattern and sufficient insulation against the low temperature outside.
- The Forward End of the Sole: Good standing shoes must have this part soft and flexible.
- The Heel: Good standing shoes must have heels in an ideal range of 2 ¾ inches up to 3/5 inch. You should also avoid too soft heel that can cause muscle ache.
Have your best shoes for standing all day had all of the criteria? If not yet, it is time to get your new pair. The market has tons of best shoes for standing all day for women or men, be sure you mind the above criteria. Happy shoe shopping!